Terms & Conditions
Agreement for repair
1) The terms set out in these Conditions of Repair Agreement shall apply to the service we provide to repair your touch screen device or computer Device.
2) Reference to "us", "we" and "our" refer to Gadget World and references to "you" and "your" are references to you, the person addressed on this form.
3) We shall make all reasonable efforts to repair your Device subject to the availability of any parts required and/or the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty. We shall perform the Services using our utmost care and skill.
4) Any time estimate for completion of the service, which may be given to you, is an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this Agreement.
5) We shall notify you when the Device has been repaired and is available for collection. If you do not collect the Device within 90 days, we may dispose of the Device. Any sum obtained on disposal will be used to meet any unpaid estimate or repair charges you are liable to pay and any remaining balance will be sent to you or will remain payable by you accordingly.
6) If we are unable to complete the Service for any reason, or the Service will incur further costs payable by you, we will notify you immediately by telephone or email.
7) Our out of warranty/chargeable repairs to phones and tablets are guaranteed for 12 months from the date the Device is ready for collection (90 days for Mac | PC). Our out of warranty/chargeable repairs to laptops and desktops are guaranteed for 3 months from the date the Device is ready for collection. If the Device develops an additional fault unrelated to the original repair, the repair warranty contained in this paragraph will not apply. The warranty includes the repaired part(s) only and does not include further accidental damage to the repaired part(s).
8) We require the passcode of your device in order to proceed with the appointment in order to test the device before and after the repair. If you insist on keeping this information private we can still go ahead but will not be able to perform a full functional check on the device until you return to the store which can delay the appointment if any adjustments need to be made. If you are posting your device to us, you will be liable for any extra postage costs incurred from our not being able to perform a full functional check.
9) We do not take responsibility for any progression in damage for devices that have been damaged by liquid. Although unlikely, opening the device could set off further damage and in some cases may be very serious and irreparable.
10) We ask our customer to monitor their device post liquid damage repair as unknown issues can arise soon after treatment for liquid damage which are beyond our control. If issues arise please contact us and we can reassess the damage. In cases where further repair is needed there may be additional costs incurred.
11) Prices may vary between the store and website on occasion.
12) Any data or information that you may have stored on the Device shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused and we therefore highly recommend that you back up your Devices on a personal computer or external hard drive prior to your repair. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data. If requested we can backup your Device’s information onto a secure disk for a 14-day period, which may help in the restoration of personal data if needed but this will add 10-30 minutes onto the total appointment time.
13) We ask for your name, address and other details so that we can notify you when your Device has been repaired and so we can give you an efficient after-sales service. We may also send you text messages and/or emails from time to time to alert you to new services that we may provide. By using these Services you consent to our use of your personal Information as described. If you do not wish to receive contact from us simply email email@example.com
14) We shall not be liable to you for any delay in or failure of performance of our obligations under this Agreement arising from any reason beyond our reasonable control.
15) If you have 3rd party insurance for your device, please check with your provider before proceeding with the repair.